DB

Association of Salesian Cooperators
(Province of Great Britain)

M
 

 

 

   

 

Provincial Council:
SDB Delegate:
Fr. Hugh Preston SDB
FMA Delegate: Sister Mary Treacy FMA
Coordinator: Jessica Wilkinson
Secretary: Bernard O’Neill
Treasurer: Bob Kiszczuk
Formation: Mabel Kaluba, (missing from pic below)
European Link: Elaine Holland & Edith Lucas

New Council


 

 

 

 

© Salesian Cooperators GB

Design: ITS-KD.COM

 

Provincial Council

100+ Club Draw Results

New Provincial Council:
The Officers for 2016-17 have now been announced and the list and a photo may be seen on the left.
John Hoskins, who has been Coordinator for the past three years, thanked all those who have supported him in the role, and we join him in his prayers for the future of the Cooperators and their new team. We are also very grateful to John and his team for their wonderful work.


Further to our Provincial Council meeting in Croxteth on 5th March
- Please find updated Provincial Plan 2013 - 2016 HERE


Notes of the Salesian Cooperators GB Provincial Congress, Salesian Centre Battersea London
11 June 2016

Fr Tom, the Rector of the Salesian centre, welcomed all to Battersea and Fr Francis Preston endorsed the welcome on behalf of the Provincial Council.
Attendees: Fr Francis, Sister Mary, (Provincial Delegates); Ruth, Mabel, Edith, Christine, Lucy (Streatham); Elaine (Rotherhithe); Ken, Barbara, Jane, Brian, Pat, John (Chertsey); Bernard, Annabel.
Sister Mary then led us in Morning prayer with readings and a recollection.
After the Angelus, Fr Francis said the Mass. He advised that he was leaving the UK shortly and has volunteered to teach at the English speaking seminary in Kenya from September onwards. His brother, Fr Hugh, will be the Provincial Cooperators delegate as from 1 September 2016.
After lunch in the beautiful gardens of the centre, John advised that there were 3 new applications to the Council which have been accepted, so no need for an election.
The new Council will meet in October (TBA) to elect officers and comprises of:
Fr Hugh Preston SDB (Provincial Delegate); Sister Mary Treacy FMA (Provincial Delegate); Bob Kiszczuk; Mary McGuire; Mabel Kaluba, Bernard O’Neill; Edith Lucas; ; Elaine Holland; Jessica Wilkinson
John thanked Fr Tom for his hospitality and all who had attended, the Congress was concluded with a blessing from Fr Francis.

  Council  

 

12th June 2016
Further to our Provincial Congress gathering yesterday in Battersea. I’m delighted to inform you that we have three new council members’ taking up their 3 year term later this year.

  • Edith Lucas (Streatham centre)
  • Elaine Holland (Rotherhithe centre)
  • Jessica Wilkinson (Detached)

As there were only three nominations, the council decided that no election was required.  They along with our two Provincial Delegates, Father Francis Preston SDB (Father Hugh Preston SDB in September) and Sister Mary Treacy FMA will now form part of the new Council which has proposed their first meeting with the current Council in the  Autumn (date and venue yet to be confirmed).

I thank those who nominated the above Cooperators.

Yours in Don Bosco,
John Hoskins
(Provincial Coordinator)   


Wednesday 9th March 2016

SAVE THE DATE!
Provincial Congress
Saturday 11th June 2016

For and on behalf of the Provincial Council who met last Saturday 5th March in Croxteth (Liverpool)
We are delighted to announce the Provincial Congress will be held at the (new) Community Salesian House (Surrey Lane) Battersea (London) SW11 3PN
http://www.salesians.org.uk/salesians/battersea.html

Please can we ask that you mark this date in your diary (more details to follow at a later date!)

Yours in Don Bosco,
John Hoskins
(Provincial Coordinator)
07956 297 503


Association of Salesian Cooperators (GB Province)

Minutes of Provincial Council Meeting
Cowley Oxford
25 October 2015

Present: Fr Francis; Sister Mary; John Hoskins; Mabel Kaluba; Bob Kiszczuk;
Bernard O’Neill. Hilary Kiszczuk joined us after lunch
Apologies: Mary McGuire;
Sister Mary led the Introduction prayers and hymns.
John welcomed all members
The Minutes of the previous meeting in Cornwall were approved subject to the recent email amendments John again thanked the Cooperators in Cornwall for the great weekend. 
Coordinators report
Late apologies received from Mary stating no available accommodation.
Application was received from Margaret Mossan from Easterhouse, Glasgow and was enrolled 14 September.
Application from Dominic Kerr which was endorsed by the Council today and will be enrolled as a detached member by Fr Francis to be arranged.
Email received from Fr Martin advising no Salesian family days will be arranged in January 2016
John reported on celebrations in Chertsey for MHC feastday and also bi centenary and that 4 young people from the Salesian school Chertsey had recently made a commitment as junior co-operators.
John also advised he had arranged a recent revised Cooperators leaflet and was distributing to all the centres.
John/Bob to contact publishers for more copies of PAL
Secretarys report
Bernard stated he had the pleasure of attending the wonderful occasion in Bolton celebrating the Don Bosco bi-centenary especially watching Don Bosco’s play.
He had arranged a Shrigley Old Boys reunion at Savio and Shrigley in September and Paul Barnes gave a presentation talk about the Cooperators offering another dimension to enriching their Salesian family ties. We distributed the Cooperators leaflet. Several of Fr Bernards class of ’58 planted a rose bush on his grave.
Bernard also attended a Portsmouth diocesan workshop on Modern slavery and met 2 other Salesian Cooperators and a Sister, all representing their parishes.
Advised that he would arrange for Scottish Old Boys to contact Scottish Cooperators re inviting them to Don Bosco feastday celebrations in Glasgow.
He advised that he was restricted due to recent health and lack of a computer problems and apologised for his lack of activity.
Finance report
Bob stated present balance £898.51
Cheques received from Huyton, Streatham, Chertsey and Cornwall
100 Club now nearly 40 members compared to 52 last year.
Payments to Europe and World Council approved same amount as last year
Final accounts for last financial year approved.
Delegates reports.
Fr Francis presented his report advising his visits to 3 Cooperator centres in Huyton, Croxteth and Easterhouse. Also his meeting with Dominic Kerr, see above notes, and his preparation report for the coming visit in November of Fr Tadeusz Rosmus, a General Council delegate.
Sister Mary advised she had visited several centres inc Henley and Cowley and had attended several bi centenary celebrations.
Advised several centres had declining membership.
Rotherhithe had 2 groups of co-operators, one consisting of parishioners and the other from St Michaels College. Needs leadership and finance reporting. John and Sister Mary to take forward and report back.
Formation
Mabel presented paper on “ Formation” which seemed to be geared towards existing members rather than for prospective new members. She is to circulate to centres asking for feedback with their own formation programmes with the intention of drafting a collaborative programme.
Database
To be updated by each of the centres.
Website
Bernard advised that the website was updated with centre reports and other Salesian info as and when advised.
Centres
Merseyside
Bernard advised that both Huyton and Croxteth were meeting every month. They also attended the bi-centenary celebrations in Bolton. No recent news from Kendal but understands may go detached.
Cornwall
See Bob’s report
Chertsey
See reports, advised that 38 members attend monthly meetings.
Cowley
There has been another change of officers but Sister Mary advises still very active centre.
Scotland
See Mary’s report
Rotherhithe
Refer to Sister Mary’s report under Delegates.
Henley and Streatham
No reports received
Other Business
No Salesian family days in January 2016
To encourage local centre events.
Only 10 copies of PAL left, Bob to obtain a cost for reorder.
Suggested to arrange Congress in the afternoon with a retreat/meditation/prayer period in the morning. Fr Francis to discuss with Fr Tom in Battersea.
There was a update on the Going Deeper Group from Jessica Wilkinson. Fr Martin was held up in traffic. She advised that mainly Savio volunteers met regularly and 3 were enrolled as Cooperators in Turin at the bi-centenary celebration pilgrimage.
The Meeting ended with a prayer from Fr Francis.
The next meeting on 5/12 March 2016 tbc (Bernard) at Croxteth.


Dear Co-operators

Another year has ended and the Council's appreciation goes out to you all for the ongoing work you do in your parishes and community. 

Our accounts may be viewed and downloaded from HERE

Once again thank you very much for all you do and the contributions you make to the council

Bob Kiszczuk

Treasurer

 

STRENNA 2016

“WITH JESUS, we journey together in an adventure of the Spirit!”

A brief summary of some ideas that will be developed later on:

* Life is where we find ourselves at the crossroads. We are all familiar with this experience, confronted as we are by a variety of paths and options. And it is precisely along the path of life that the Spirit operates and, in all freedom, knocks on the door of every human heart.

* In one way or another we all have the experience of being travellers, and there are days when we have travelled long distances. This experience of journeying sheds light on what it means to engage in an adventure with the Spirit.

* Why? What does it mean to “adventure in the Spirit”?
→ In the first place, it is an INTERIOR journey.
→ But, an interior journey is not only an exercise of entering into our inmost self, however good such an exercise may be. For us who are believers, it is a journey of SPIRITUALITY, a spirituality that is cultivated and expressed in ways we shall speak of later.

* Jesus himself lived an authentic “adventure” of openness to the Spirit. He always sought the Will of the Father who in His Spirit inspired, accompanied, moved and guided Him…

* Don Bosco himself lived his entire life, open to the Spirit, because it was his desire to respond to what God asked of him, with regard to himself and for the sake of his boys. The path he followed at Chieri and his continual searching were a truly adventurous journey,

as he allowed himself to be guided by the Spirit. This journey led him down the years to that harmony and personal unity that were far removed from any kind of fragmentation.

* It was the same thing with the Lord Jesus, with Mary of Nazareth - they lived an adventure of the Spirit that meant trusting in God without knowing the point of arrival - and with Don Bosco, whose yes to the Spirit was a real life adventure with incredible challenges. And this is the invitation we receive each day to go deeper along the path of the Spirit, allowing ourselves to be accompanied, led and surprised by Him. It is a path that holds a lot of "adventure": in it there are no certainties, but the point of arrival is fascinating.

* How do we express and manifest this path of interiority and spirituality that enables us to let the Spirit accompany our lives?

→ It is expressed in a profound experience of faith.
→ In cultivating the community dimension of this same faith.
→ By growing in mercy and in the fraternal dimension of our life.

* Finally, we would like to ask you, dear young people, to allow us to make this voyage of discovery together. Let us walk this journey together! Let us learn together, let us experience together, because this will do a lot of good to all of us. And, in this "all" we include the Salesian Family in all its various manifestations for whom this Strenna is primarily intended. But, we also think of you, the many thousands and thousands of young people who in various countries, cultures and Salesian presences are the animators of other young people, accompanying them on this adventurous journey, accompanied along the way by Him, the Spirit of God, who, as we said, surprises, stimulates, provokes, inspires, fascinates and accompanies ...

Ángel Fernández Artime

(A brief summary, outlining how the Strenna for 2016
will be developed in October)

 

 

Dear Delegates and Coordinators,

For and on behalf of the Provincial Council, please find HERE a newly designed leaflet (in Adobe Reader) promoting the Salesian Cooperators.
(Unfortunately, we were unable to trace the original leaflet’s template).

This first print-run was for 3,000 and paid for from council funds.
To request copies by post, please e-mail: cooperatorsprovincial20132016@gmail.com
Donations towards postage and packaging (please)

Finally, Pope sends letter marking bicentenary of Don Bosco's birth;

Letter from Pope

Yours in Don Bosco,

John Hoskins

Click to download updated Provincial Plan (for 2014 - 2016)

The winners of each monthly 100+ Club draw may be found HERE

Provincial Council Meeting

Minutes of the Provincial Council Meeting Saturday 18 April 2015
St Mary Immaculate, Falmouth Cornwall

Present : John Hoskins (Coordinator), Bernard O’Neill (Secretary), Bob Kisczuk (Treasurer), Fr Francis Preston (SDB Delegate),
                                 
Apologies:; Mabel Kaluba (Formation) Sister Mary Treacy (FMA Delegate), Mary McGuire;

1          Introductory Prayer
Bob led with a morning prayer and meditation.         
2          Welcome and Introduction :  John welcomed Council members to Cornwall, remembered Fr George Robson and Mary Savage from Streatham, who had died since the last meeting.
He advised that Conor McMahon had resigned from the Council.
Apologies received from Mabel Kaluba, Sister Mary and Mary McGuire    
3          Items of Correspondence   Letter received from Ken Greaney on PAL and John suggested the Council review before responding to him.
Letters received requesting installation of new Cooperator Sara Mason in Cornwall and letters endorsing her acceptance. A ‘Going Deeper’ report was received from Paul Barnes and Fr Martin. John suggested that we meet with them to discuss further.    
4          Minutes of Meeting held in Liverpool November 2014
These were approved apart from an update to the cost of PAL being reduced to £3.50 each        
5          Coordinators Report:  John advised that he has been assisting Ruth Kamalagharan the new Coordinator in Streatham and will continue to attend their meetings.
He also thanked Fr Francis for the retreat in March. John is in contact with Fr Kieran in Battersea to restart a Cooperators centre. He also acknowledged Pauline White who has assisted us with our overseas payments through the SDB account.
A Dominic Keir from Birmingham has been in touch, requesting to become a Cooperator....Fr Francis to follow up. There has been a good response to the PAL and nearly 100 have been sold.....does not expect to sell all copies. 
6          Secretary’s Report:  Bernard advised that to due to work commitments he had not been able to publish a magazine as intended. Hopefully will do so shortly. He was continuing to update the website with Keith and still continues to meet with Merseyside Cooperators. Bernard to update the Cooperators leaflet           
7          Treasurers Report: Bob advised that the present balance was £1053.14 and   a full account of receipts and payments was presented for the year. He also presented a budget for 2015 based on current income and expenses.
8          European update: John advised that despite his emails to Europe, there had been no reports or communications from Europe.          
9 & 10
Delegates Reports: Sister Mary emailed her report stating her involvement with Alverstoke, Stratham and Rotherhithe in particular. Sister also visited Cowley and has been in touch with Henley.
Fr Francis also stated that he had visited Easterhouse and Milton in Glasgow, led a Lentern day of recollection in Cowley and met with Huyton Cooperators at Fr George’s funeral. He is also the SDB delegate to ADMA who meet monthly in north London.  
12        Reports on Centres.
Bernard, John, Sister Mary and Bob provided reports on their Centres but none were received from the other members..
John advised that Chertsey was very active and had approx 30 members regularly attending monthly meetings. There are 3/4 new Cooperators in formation who are intending to be enrolled in August this year. See his report in item 5 re Streatham. He advised that although Conor had resigned from the Council, he still intended to be a Coordinator.
Bernard reported that although the numbers were less, the Cooperators in both Croxteth and Huyton were also very active in both Parishes and schools. Croxteth is hoping to have a new Cooperator enrolled during the summer. Sister Valerie Jackson had taken over from Sister Mary as the FMA delegate. He advised that Kendall had not met this year but Sister Mary was still trying to arrange
Bob advised that the Cornwall centre was also very busy in the 2 parishes and that Sara would be a valuable new member.
13        Data Update:
John advised this was still work in progress  
14        Website update: Bernard advised that monthly meeting reports were only received from Merseyside and Chertsey on a regular basis and requested other centres to provide. They were creating a separate page for the 100 club and would advise the monthly winners.
15        Salesian Family Days;
Bolton,  Chertsey and Glasgow were well attended and the feedback from all 3 was very positive. Again, the arrangements were last minute and it was hoped would be more advanced for 2016.
16        Provincial Plan: The Council discussed and updated the Communications and the Finance sections and John will update and circulate. Mabel (in her absence) would be asked to update the Formation section.

PAL .
The Council read and discussed article xx on page 63
Bernard was asked to choose the article for the next meeting.
17        A.O.B
Thanks to Sue MacDonald for her organisation assistance for Flame 15.
Bernard to publish July 4th event at Savio and asked Fr Francis to arrange soft copy of leaflet for website and magazine.
The next meeting arranged for Cowley on Sunday 25 October 2015 to be followed by 24 April 2016 in Battersea. Both dates to be confirmed.
John thanked the Cornwall Cooperators for their kind hospitality and also arranging the weekend activities promoting the Salesians and Cooperators in Cornwall
The meeting closed at 1500hrs.
Fr Francis said the final prayer

Return to TOP


100+ Club

Thursday 25th SEPTEMBER 2014
Dear Delegates and Coodinators,
For and on behalf of the Provincial Council, I’m writing to thank you for your continued support of the 100 plus Club. As you are aware, other than members’ yearly subscription this is our only additional income, raising £835.50 over the previous 3 years (breakdown as follows);

Year 2011 – 2012 : £260.50
Year 2012 – 2013 : £298.00
Year 2013 – 2014 : £277.00


Return to TOP

Please find an application form HERE for the next 12 months. Please print out the form and return to the address shown at foot of the form. Please also circulate within your individual centres and members.
Thanking you in advance for your co-operation.

Yours in Don Bosco,
John Hoskins
(Provincial Coordinator)


Project of Apostolic Life

Saturday 21st Feb 2015
Dear Delegates and Coordinators,
For and on behalf of the Provincial Council, we are delighted to confirm that the newly revised pocket size PAL (Project of Apostolic Life) has finally been delivered for the GB Province.
At the Provincial Council meeting in Huyton (back in November), it was agreed to subsidise the original cost of 5.50 Euros (£4.58 equivalent) to a reduced price £3.50 per copy.
During this bi-centenary year, please can we urge you all to promote the PAL within your centres and amongst your individual members’  All enrolled members’ should have a copy of the revised PAL (The Association of Salesian Cooperators)
 Please can you confirm your order (by return)
Thanking you in advance for your co-operation.
Yours in Don Bosco,
John Hoskins (Provincial Coordinator)

Return to TOP


Minutes of the
Provincial Council Meeting
Saturday 29th  November 2014
St Dominic’s (Huyton) Liverpool

Present : John Hoskins (Coordinator), Bernard O’Neill (Secretary), Bob Kisczuk (Treasurer),
Sister Mary Treacy (FMA Delegate), Mary McGuire; Fr Francis Preston (SDB Delegate),
Fr. Tony Frain (SDB Delegate, Huyton Centre).

Apologies: Conor Mahon; Mabel Kaluba (Formation)

  1. Introductory Prayer :     
    Fr. Francis led with a morning prayer.                                                 

2          Welcome and Introduction :  John welcomed Council members to Liverpool, especially Fr. Francis to this his 1st meeting as SDB Delegate and Fr. Tony Frain, recently appointed as SDB Delegate for the Huyton Centre.
Apologies from Mabel Kaluba, and Conor Mahon   

3          Items of Correspondence: John advised that he had written to Fr. Provincial, since the last meeting, requesting updates on the appointment of a Provincial SDB Delegate and an SDB Delegate for Huyton Centre.
He advised that he had received emails from Fr Provincial confirming both appointments in August and November respectively.
                                                                     
4          Minutes of Meeting: held in Chertsey June 2014
These were approved with 4 amendments.  John asked that in future minutes of Provincial meetings should be published within a month of each meeting.
                  
5          Coordinators Report: John advised that the Pilgrimage to Turin was a great success with over 150 from the Province, with visits to Colle Don Bosco, Vecchi and the Basilica where 3 new Cooperators for the GB Province were accepted by Fr. Francis. He also reported that the event in St. George’s was well attended with 1 Archbishop, 3 Bishops and over 30 SDB’s concelebrating the Mass in St. George’s, accompanied by the singing of the choir led by Fr. Martin Poulson.
Fr. Francis advised he understood the event in Glasgow was also well attended.

6          Secretary’s Report: Bernard advised that he had the contents of the next issue of the magazine and intended to publish before Christmas.  He requested an update of the ‘Unattached’ members listing and advised that he had secured sponsorship for 2015 to cover the cost of printing up to 50 copies and the postage Bernard also attended most of the Merseyside Centre monthly meetings... see centre news.  And requested a regular input of centre news from other centres besides Merseyside, Chertsey and Cornwall.  He also advised that he was currently trying to promote centres to buy the books from Salesian Publications through him as the discount would help the Council to source another income stream besides the 100 Club. He would circulate a list of the current publications he has stock of.  

7          Treasurers Report: Bob advised that the present balance was £822.48 and a full account of receipts and payments was presented for the year. He also presented a budget for 2015 based on current income and expenses.
The Council agreed to continue to pay the contributions to the World and European Councils the same as last year, namely £200 in total.  The 100 Club is constantly being promoted on the website and to centres as at present is the only other source of income besides subscriptions from Centres.
                                                                                                    
8          European update: John submitted a report from Benediktbeuern which is now available on the website and advised that he had made contact with several European and World Councillors including the new Regional World Councillor (Franz Defaut).
John advised that a very good Power Point presentation on the new version of the PAL could be available to promote the English version that will be able to UK membership shortly.  He advised he had ordered 150 copies for the Province at a cost of £5 each which the Council agreed to promote to members at a cost of £4 each, by using the PP slides to sell to the centres. John to advise Bernard with the wording for a flyer to download onto the website and send to all centres.  All members should have a copy each and it was agreed that articles from it should be discussed at Centre meetings.
                                                                                      
9 & 10            Delegates Reports: Sister Mary also gave an account of the meeting in Germany and added that the hospitality was outstanding.  We established links with Europe and regional bodies and were asked to encourage links with Irish Cooperators.  She also advised that in Europe, Cooperator centres were very involved in youth activities.
Fr. Tony commented that in his experience of working with youth groups in the UK, the Cooperators were regarded as a kind of closed shop, but saw that many lay people involved in youth work were Salesian Cooperators in practice.
Fr. Francis expressed his thanks to be appointed and was looking forward to his involvement with the Cooperators.  He stated he had met with Ian and Mary Biddell who had expressed an interest in becoming Cooperators.                                                                             
11        Reports on Centres: Bernard, John, Bob and Mary provided reports on their Centres but none were received from the other members.  Mary advised that Paisley members do not meet and Sister Mary also advised that Alverstoke likewise do not meet and both centres members are now to join the detached listing.  The Council saw a potential growth are of this section of lay people and would discuss at the Cornwall meeting.  And John is arranging to guide her through by attending the next meetings.
Sister Mary advised that the new Coordinator at Streatham was Ruth Kamalagharan and John advised that he had arranged to assist Ruth by attending the next meetings
Mary advised that Milton was still an active centre and Easterhouse was trying to re-establish itself with the SDB’s. Bernard to advise Mary of Johns (SOB) contact details.  She advised of the difficulties of appeasing different members views.
Bernard reported that both centres on Merseyside were very active and that he had attended most of the monthly meetings.  The Kendall centre still met periodically as and when arranged by Sister Mary Dooley.
Chertsey was very active and had 6 / 7 on the new enquirers programme.   He also advised that they exploring at a new initiative of getting involved in the school and had arranged a meeting with Fr Andrew Ebrahim to discuss.
Bob advised Cornwall very active in most of the Parish activities especially youth and would be arranging events to tie into the Provincial meeting next April. 

12        Data Update: John advised this was still work in progress 

13        Website update: Bernard advised that monthly meeting reports were only received from Merseyside and Chertsey on a regular basis and requested other centres to provide. It was suggested that regular articles from the new PAL be downloaded onto the website and Fr Francis was asked to provide to Bernard

14        The Thanksgiving Masses: As reported in John’s report they were both well attended see 5 above

15        Salesian Family Days;  The dates were confirmed as 24 January 2015 in Chertsey, 25 January 2015 in Bolton and 1 February in Glasgow and more information will be published when advised.

16        Provincial Plan: The Council discussed and updated the Growth and Vocation sections and appointed Mabel (in her absence) to update the Formation section.

17        A.O.B There was no other business and John thanked the Huyton Co-operators for their hospitality and lunch.
All were invited to Mass which Fr. Francis was celebrating in St Dominic’s (at 4:00 pm)
The next meeting was confirmed in Cornwall for Saturday 18th April 2015.
Mary was asked if a meeting could be arranged in Glasgow for Nov 21st 2015.
                The meeting closed at 15:00 hours.
               Sister Mary said the final prayer and wished us all a safe journey home.

Return to TOP

Chertsey Meeting 14 June 2014

Minutes of the
Provincial Council Meeting
Saturday 14 June 2014
Salesian House, Chertsey

Present : John Hoskins (Coordinator), Bernard O’Neill (Secretary), Bob Kisczuk (Treasurer), Mabel Kaluba
Apologies: Conor Mahon, Sr. Mary & Mary McGuire

1              Introductory Prayer :      John led with a prayer to Don Bosco
As this was the 1st meeting since Fr Bernards death, we included him in our prayers and for his loyal service to the Cooperators for over 10 years. 
2              Welcome and Introduction :  John welcomed Council members to Chertsey. Apologies from Sister Mary, Mary McGuire, and Conor Mahon           
3              Items of Correspondence   John advised that he had emailed letters to both the Rectors Majors, thanking Don Chavez and welcoming Don Fernandez
He had also written to Fr Provincial re new SDB Cooperator Delegate, and dates of Family days.
4              Minutes of Meeting held in Bermondsey February 2014
These were approved with 2 amendments adding sister Rita to item 17 and adding updated Provincial Council purpose and functions uploaded to website.     
5              Coordinators Report:  John advised that Sister Mary Treacy was now Centre delegate for Streatham and Alverstoke; the Don Bosco experience in Chertsey was very successful with over 60 to the evening Mass. John understood that the Pilgrimage in August was now over 80.       
6              Secretarys Report: Bernard reported that with the help of Huyton Cooperators they had published a Spring issue of the Magazine. John asked about an updated listing for the unattached members and agreed to provide Bernard for the next issue. BON advised that the sponsorship for the magazine covered another 2 issues and that he had now printed 50 copies which were being posted to all centres and Salesian Houses and Convents.
BON advised he was continuing to visit both Merseyside Centres and assist Huyton until a SDB Delegate had been appointed. He also asked John to chase up Fr Provincial with regard to the appointment of a SDB Provincial delegate.
Bernard then advised the Council that Sheila had been diagnosed with cancer which may impact on his time both at work and re Cooperators.           
7              Treasurers Report: Bob advised that the present balance (end of May) was £883.29 an increase of funds of £88 during May, and a full account of recent receipts and payments was presented. He stated it was difficult to budget without a regular source of income but had anticipated expenses and income for the rest of 2014.
The Council agreed to pay the contributions to the World and European Councils the same as last year, namely £200 in total.. We should also advertise the 100 Club on the website as this could be a major source of income             
8              European update: John felt that we should continue to develop relationships with Europe and Bernard  advised he had made contact with several European Cooperators groups when in Rome and it was an intention to provide links on our website.    
9              Delegates Reports: Sister Mary advised that she was attending a Provincial Council Meeting in Liverpool and that she had taken over as delegate for Alverstoke and Streatham.
10           Until a Provincial Delegate is appointed there will be no reports available.            
11           Reports on Centres.
Bernard, John, Bob and Mabel provided reports on their Centres but none were received from the other members.. Lunch was provided and Bernard left the meeting after arranging for Mabel to take the minutes for the afternoon session.               
12           Germany
Sr Mary and John will be representing the Province at this Regional Meeting in Germany in November and John will distribute their itenary when finalised   
13           Database update : John to arrange and provide Bernard with a list of all paid up members and Bob will send out a carefully worded letter to remind those members who have not paid
Ken and Barbara, representing the Chertsey Cooperators joined the meeting as observers
14           Website update: Bernard had informed John that the website was updated with centre news but only Chertsey and the Merseyside Centres provided updates. John reminded Mabel to encourage Lyn, secretary at Streatham to send Bernard meeting notes and events planned for the website.
15           The Masses of Thanksgiving: All the centres were encouraged to arrange to visit St Georges in September and/or St Andrews in Glasgow in October. Chertsey advised they had arranged for a bus for members and all were encouraged to make use of the Salesian networks to follow and take part in, if not able to attend.
16           Provincial Plan: Bob will write to each of the Centres with the plan
17           A.O.B
There was no other business and John thanked the Chertsey Cooperators and Chertsey Salesians for their hospitality and lunch.
The meeting closed at 1500hrs.   John said the final prayer and wished us all a safe journey home.

Return to TOP


100+ Club Draw Results

(Apologies for no draw since June) - - July, August and September (below)

We are delighted to confirm that the TENTH Draw for 201​5​ _ 201​6​ was drawn yesterday evening at the monthly meeting in Chertsey.

Mena Mootoosamy drew NINE - Bob Kiszczuk (Cornwall) will be receiving a cheque for £40.00

We are delighted to confirm that the ELEVENTH Draw for 201​5​ _ 201​6​ was drawn yesterday evening at the monthly meeting in Chertsey.

Rosemary Ricci drew EIGHTEEN - Peter Nordell (Milton) will be receiving a cheque for £40.00

We are delighted to confirm that the TWELFTH Draw for 201​5​ _ 201​6​ was drawn yesterday evening at the monthly meeting in Chertsey.

Pat Rice drew TWENTY-EIGHT - Margaret Madden (Huyton) will be receiving a cheque for £40.00

If you would like to join 2016 - 2017 draw and haven't yet made contact with John, please do so (asap)


Apologies for no draw since March - April, May and June (below)

We are delighted to confirm that the SEVENTH Draw for 201​5​ -201​6​ was drawn earlier at the Provincial Congress in Battersea
Sister Mary Treacy FMA drew SEVENTY-THREE - Edith Lucas (Streatham) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

We are delighted to confirm that the EIGHTH Draw for 201​5​- 201​6​ was drawn earlier at the Provincial Congress in Battersea
Father Francis Preston SDB drew FORTY-SEVEN - Bernard O'Neill (Detached) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

We are delighted to confirm that the NINTH Draw for 201​5​- 201​6 was drawn earlier at the Provincial Congress in Battersea
Edith Lucas (Streatham) drew EIGHTEEN - Peter Nordell (Milton) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The July draw will take place on ​Thursday 21st July at the 'Thanksgiving' meeting (in Chertsey)
Thank you for your continued support!


We are delighted to confirm that the SIXTH Draw for 2015-2016 was drawn yesterday at the Provincial Council meeting (in Croxteth)

June Sharrock (Huyton) drew FIFTY-NINE- Joy Mowart (Chertsey) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The April draw will take place on Thursday 28th April at the monthly meeting (in Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support!


WE are delighted to confirm that the FIFTH Draw for 2015-2016 was drawn last evening at the monthly meeting (in Chertsey)

Jane Cummins (Chertsey) drew TWENTY-TWO
- Cecilia Hansford (Chertsey) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The March draw will take place on Saturday 5th March at the Provincial Council meeting (in Croxteth)

Thank you for your continued support!


Good Evening ALL,

WE are delighted to confirm that the FOURTH Draw for 201​5​- 201​6​ was drawn this morning after the Don Bosco feast day Holy Mass (in C​hertsey​)

Eileen O'Connell (Chertsey) drew SEVEN
- Margaret Perks (Chertsey) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The February draw will take place on ​Thursday 11​th February at the​ Enquirers' meeting (in ​Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support!


WE are delighted to confirm that the THIRD Draw for 201​5​ _ 201​6​ was drawn
at the ​Carol Service on Thursday evening (in C​hertsey​)

Mandy (visitor) drew number TWENTY-SEVEN
- Father Eugene Peters (Detached) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The January draw will take place on ​Thursday 14​th December at the​
Enquirers' meeting (in ​Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support!

Wishing you and all those who are dear to you a very happy and holy CHRISTmas!


WE are delighted to confirm that the SECOND Draw for 201​5​ _ 201​6​ was drawn
at the ​Monthly meeting (in C​hertsey​)

Brian Barnes drew number SEVENTY-THREE - Edith Lucas (from Streatham centre) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The December draw will take place on ​Thursday 17​th December at the​ CAROL Service
(in ​Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!


Good Afternoon ALL,

WE are delighted to confirm that the FIRST Draw for 2015 _ 2016
was drawn at the Provincial Council meeting (in Cowley) earlier today!

Hilary Kiszczuk drew number TEN
- Ben Hansford (from Chertsey centre) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00 (in due course)

The November draw will take place on Thursday 26th November at the Monthly meeting (in Chertsey).

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!


Good Evening ALL,

WE are delighted to confirm that the TWELFTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the 'OPEN' Evening (in Chertsey)

FR. Michael Hynes (SDB Delegate) drew number THIRTEEN
- Sheila Carroll (Cowley centre) will be receiving a cheque for £32.00

>>> Details for registering for 2015 _ 2016 (see attached letter) <<<

Thank you for your continued support!


Good Evening ALL,

WE are delighted to confirm that the ELEVENTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015  was drawn after Holy Mass celebrating the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Don Bosco's 200th Birthday (in Chertsey)

DR. John Lydon (Cooperator) drew number EIGHTY - Margaret Hobbs (Chertsey Detached) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00 

The September draw will take place at 'OPEN' Evening (in Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support!


FRI. 24TH JULY,

WE are delighted to confirm that the TENTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015 
was drawn at the Thanksgiving meeting (in Chertsey) 23/7/15!

Eileen Rankin (Cooperator) drew number ELEVEN
 - Ray & Eileen Woolrich (Chertsey centre) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00 

The August draw will take place at Don Bosco's 200th Birthday (in Chertsey)


WE are delighted to confirm that the NINTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015 
 was drawn at the Monthly meeting (in Chertsey) last evening!

Margaret Perks (Cooperator) drew number TWENTY
 - Bernard O'Neill (Detached) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00* 
*Monthly prize money increased after final confirmation of numbers!

The July draw will take place at the Thanksgiving meeting (in Chertsey)

Return to TOP


WE are delighted to confirm that the EIGHTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015 was 
drawn at the Mary, Help of Christians Celebration Day (in Chertsey) today!

Antonio (visitor) drew number ONE HUNDRED
 - Winnie O'Neill (Huyton centre) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00* 
*Monthly prize money increased after final confirmation of numbers!

The June draw will take place at the monthly meeting (in Chertsey)


WE are delighted to confirm that the SEVENTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Provincial Council meeting (in Cornwall) on Saturday!

Sara Mason (from Cornwall) drew number THIRTY-ONE
- Dermot Carroll (Cowley centre) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00*
*Monthly prize money increased after final confirmation of numbers!

The May draw will take place at Mary, Help of Christians Celebration Day
(in Chertsey) Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!


WE are delighted to confirm that the SIXTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Monthly meeting (in Chertsey) earlier this evening!

FR. John Ashton SDB drew number TWO
- Vera Dring (Huyton centre) will be receiving a cheque for £30.00*
*Monthly prize money increased after final confirmation of numbers!

The April draw will take place at the Provincial Council meeting (in Cornwall)

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!
Return to TOP


WE are delighted to confirm that the FIFTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Monthly meeting (in Chertsey) last evening!

Rae Sustins (from Chertsey) drew number SIXTY-THREE
- Diana Freeman (Huyton centre) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The March draw will take place at the monthly meeting (in Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!


WE are delighted to confirm that the THIRD and FOURTH Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Feast Day Celebration (in Chertsey) earlier today!

Dan Guinan (visitor) drew number SIXTY-THREE
- Diana Freeman (Huyton centre) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

Joy Mowat (visitor) drew number SEVENTY-THREE
- Edith Lucas (Streatham centre) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The February draw will take place at the monthly meeting (in Chertsey)

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!
Return to TOP


WE are delighted to confirm that the SECOND Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Provincial Council meeting (in Huyton) earlier today!

Mary McGuire (from Easterhouse) drew number SIXTEEN
- Sheila O'Neill (Detached member) will be receiving a cheque for £20.00

The December draw will take place on Thursday 18th December
at the CAROL Service (in Chertsey).

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!


WE are delighted to confirm that the FIRST Draw for 2014 _ 2015
was drawn at the Monthly meeting (in Chertsey) last Thursday (30th)

Fr. Michael Hynes SDB drew number FORTY-THREE
- Vera Sefton (from Huyton centre)
will be receiving a cheque for £20.00 (in due course)

The November draw will take place on Saturday 29th November
at the Provincial Council meeting (in Huyton).

Thank you for your continued support! Yours in Don Bosco!

Return to TOP